Purpose of a dream

I’m sure we all have dreams as kids. Dreams about the job you want to do, about the house you want to live in, about the class of the car you want drive and about the partner you want to spend your lifetime with. As kids we had dreams that were vast and we were eager to grow up and live the dreams we dreamt.

When I was a little kid, at an age of five I wanted to be a pilot. It was so cool to fly something that huge and live big. That was my first dream. Next year I was in India for summer holidays and a television advertisement caught my eye with a police in it kicking bad asses and the next moment I wanted to become a police officer. My third dream (as much as I regret it now!!) was to become an engineer. Other dreams were to make my own flying vehicle and with a secret underground garage for it. These were some of the crazy dreams I dreamt when I grew up. I am sure others had even more crazy ones!!
Dreams give us a purpose to achieve and conquer your ambitions and move up in life. But the state at which I see people talk about their career and future life is pathetic in India. Dreams are small and self oriented. I met this girl who works with me and she was telling me that she would get married within a year or so. I was casual in asking her if she was planning to look for another job to relocate and move with her husband. She gave a shocking reply that she wasn’t planning on working and she always wanted a life at home. She wanted to marry a guy with a central government job who has enough to cash in on her every needs and has benefits to travel anywhere inside India once every year. He should also have government quarters accommodation with a government car to take her wherever she wanted to go. She would spend all day sitting at home browsing the internet, watching television and using the government telephone to call her friends. So much for women empowerment I thought as she finished telling about her dream life!

If I ask my roomy about his dreams, he tells me this. He wants to get a job with a yearly package that is in the seven digits. Before getting married he wants to own his own 2BHK apartment with his own luxury sedan. Once he has all this he wants to get married to a wealthy girl and his life would be secured and he can say he’s settled. So much for men with brains!

There is one thing common about the dreams of the girl at my workplace and my roomy. It was more about just them or rather I would say completely about them! When did dreams start getting small and stupid? Whatever happened to doing what you love? What my friends stated were not dreams, they were obsessions.

A dream is when you have a handful of money yet you embark on a beautiful journey on that money not knowing whether it would suffice. Earning an adequate amount that keeps you job satisfied and gives inner peace is priceless than a government job or a seven digit salary. Spending all day sitting at home browsing the internet, watching television and using the government telephone to call friends is great, for how long? One day? One month? One year maximum? There is a wild and way more interesting world out there and the interesting part is that this world changes as every second passes by. A dream is not about owning a car or having some sponsored car. Instead dream a car that fits your family with you and your better half in the front and your kids in the back seat. And guys please stop marrying the girl your parents look for you. There are great girls out there who need to be wooed, need to be hugged, kissed and loved. So stop having worthless dreams of rich girls and get out and find a dream girl to woo and win a heart! Feel your heart pound when your own and win her heart. This is how a dream should be. Some dreams may be lost. Some may never be realized and some may be achieved after a long time later. But at the end of you will definitely feel it was worth chasing your dream.

Stop thinking and start dreaming.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing Islam

Guardian Angels on motorcycles